Teacher's gift

Every year I tell myself that I'll make teacher's gifts throughout the year to avoid the last minute rush... and every year I fail... Well despite being only June, it's not different this year.... I am still not that organised :-) I only made one teacher's gift and this is because one of my daughter's teacher (her favorite one of course) was leaving early to have a baby :-( good for her but not so good for the kids changing teacher yet again (they will have had 4 teachers this year...) Anyway, my daughter wanted to wish her lovely teacher well so I obliged (happily I should add) and made her a little Open Wide Pouch from Anna's free pattern.

I broke into my glittery cork fabric for the first time, and I must say it is a dream to sew with. And I used a cute hedgehog linen type fabric that I had been hoarding for a while.
 For the inside I used the same pony fabric as my daughter's school bag so she'll remember her :-)

It's so cute, I could have kept it! I can see more of these in my future, probably similar ones for my youngest daughter's teachers and maybe for the other teachers too...

One of my FAL Q2 list, and one OPAM too!
Linking to Let's Bee Social, Needle and Thread Thursday, Whoop Whoop Friday.

Celine


Comments

  1. What a lovely pouch! That cork fabric looks interesting-I might have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little pouch, I just purchased some of the cork and looking forward to making something with it, glad to hear it is easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. I've always made the teacher gifts in the past. No time this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure the teachers in your school are always delighted to have your children with the prospect of lovely end of term gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say the same darn thing about the teacher's gifts and every year I fail too. I didn't make any this year, which is a shame as my kids had great teachers. Well congrats on the finish, it is lovely. Thanks for linking up on behalf of the 2017 global Finish-A-Long hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I love reading your comments.
Thanks again and I hope you come back to see me.

Popular posts from this blog

September in the Hexagon!

Dare to Dresden - Day 5

Blog hop and a giveaway